Vintage style electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal
– Based on a classic diode bridge design.
– Transformer balanced input and output.
– Prepared for Carnhill transformers upgrade.
– Flexible control range for threshold, ratio, attack and recovery.
– All controls except the gain make-up one are
– Three selectable sidechain filter frequencies.
– Three flexibel sidechain options; Internal, Insert and External.
– The external sidechain I/O is electronically balanced @ 4dBu and
appears on the right slot rack connections.
– Separate switches for hardwire bypass and compression out.
– Two insert connectors for inserting the EQ-573 MKII in the main audio
and/or sidechain signal path.
– Meter selectable for output (two reference levels, +4 and +12 dBu) and
– Possibility to link two units for stereo operation.
– Three position Air EQ switch, Flat, +3 or +6 dB @ 30 kHz.
– Two position output termination switch for different tones.
– A soft start circuit that ramps up the supply voltage slowly (about 10
sec.) to avoid a power-on current surge.
– A great sound that suits most sound sources and genres.